"Let it Go" isn't just a catchy tune from a Disney movie, it's actually my mantra for 2016! That's right - let it go, purge, get rid of it, dump it...
That may not sound like an ambitious goal to some of my OCD friends who revel in putting everything in its place, and if no place is to be had, then out it goes. No, for me it's a real challenge deciding whether or not to keep something, and if kept, where to put it. Here is a short list of ideas I've found helpful in my pursuit towards minimalism:
- Use the ARTKIVE App to store your child's precious artwork
- Take a trip to IKEA and check out their budget-friendly storage solutions - it's inspiring
- Get over your guilt and donate Grandma's unused china to a nonprofit such as American Cancer Society's Discovery Shop - it'll make you feel great
- Make room in your linen closet by taking old towels and blankets to Homeward Bound Golden Retriever Rescue & Sanctuary - you'll be contributing to the comfort of our best friends
- And, in case I haven't truly inspired you to declutter and get organized, you might enjoy reading about Questions to Ask when Clearing Out Your Clutter
Good luck, Happy New Year, and let me know how it goes!!!